Web Server Back Online

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Wed Aug 31 11:24:09 CDT 2005

* On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Jeremy Newman wrote:
> * On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 20:30 -0600, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> >
> > It looks like pipermail doesn't understand some files and converts
> > them to something.bin, which makes it hard to read.
> >
> > Here is an example:
> > http://www.winehq.com/pipermail/wine-patches/2005-August/020339.html
> > The file included should be sync.diff
>
> Interesting. Pipermail does not have any config that I can see to change
> that. Looking at other mailing lists it looks like that is just how it
> works.

Hm.  The page shows it's type as "x-patch".  Even pine on my mail server
knows it is a text file which can be easily viewed.  Still winehq
server/mail-manager converts the type to "application/octet-stream".

$ wget -S http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/attachments/20050831/cb1e3bc5/sync.bin
| --19:14:58--  http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/attachments/20050831/cb1e3bc5/sync.bin
|            => `sync.bin'
| Resolving www.winehq.org... 209.32.141.3
| Connecting to www.winehq.org[209.32.141.3]:80... connected.
| HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
|  1 HTTP/1.1 200 OK
|  2 Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:16:06 GMT
|  3 Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux)
|  4 Last-Modified: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:49:20 GMT
|  5 ETag: "5cd56-80e-efe46800"
|  6 Accept-Ranges: bytes
|  8 Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100
|  9 Connection: Keep-Alive
| 10 Content-Type: application/octet-stream

May it have something to do with the content of /etc/mime* ?