opengl support in wine

Tomas Carnecky tom at
Thu Dec 1 14:23:21 CST 2005

Stefan Dösinger wrote:

>Why do you want to hook GL functions? I consider this a hacky workaround for
>bugs which should be fixed otherwise, but I might be wrong with this. The
>only thing I know is a workaround for the fglrx driver, but for Wine, this
>was fixed elsewhere.

I want to create fraps for linux. Using XShmGetImage() and friends is
too slow. So my first
approach was to create a fullscreen opengl app and do glReadPixels().
But this performs
very badly when there are two opengl applications running at the same
time (fps drops from
 >100 down to ~10).
So my last approach was to call glReadPixels() from the same opengl
context (the same
opengl application). This is why I need to hook glXSwapBuffers(). Of
course I could write a
whole with all the required functions, rename the real
dlopen from my and propagate the function calls to
the real opengl
implementation, then wine would dlopen (my library) and I could
make whatever I
need in glXSwapBuffers(). But this is overkill!

Now what are my options besides modifying the wine source?