[dib.c] 3. Remove identity colormap changing for monochrome bitmaps

Oldrich Jedlicka oldium.pro at seznam.cz
Fri Dec 2 02:32:56 CST 2005

Hi again,

I did not find the problem, but I found different solution - for
consideration:

There is problem that with pixmap_depth we loose the color information - there
can be workaround found for this (what I suggested in the second patch). I
removed now all the pixmap_depth stuff (just to test it) and received what I
expected - tests are running correctly (and some todos passed) and the game
Neighbours from Hell is also working correctly - I know that this doesn't
mean that it is the correct way to do it.

So there are two ways:
* Find a solution with monochrome bitmaps
* Change monochrome bitmaps to use pixmap_depth=screen as other DIBs

Any hint - which way to go? I think I do not have time during the weekend, so
I will probably look at it next week on Monday.

Used patch for "colored" monochrome bitmaps is attached.

Cheers,

  Oldrich.