Steam regression of the day

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at
Fri Dec 2 09:30:25 CST 2005

Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> Hello,
>> The relevant bugzilla is here:
>> I'm just curious if this patch has been forgotten, or if this issue is
>> just too difficult to fix at this time.
> The problem Steam shows is common to all boarderless Apps which don't specify
> the WS_EX_APPWINDOW flag. Fixing it is quite tricky,
Ok, so maybe I should stop asking about it then :)
Just making sure it isn't forgotten...

The other problem I mentioned, by the way, (invisible fonts) has been
fixed, and Steam now appears to work (you still have to re-try 10 or so
times to get past the memory assertion bug...). I'm downloading HL2
quickly, before it breaks again!