DirectDraw over Direct3D

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at
Mon Dec 5 00:48:54 CST 2005

The patch can make TA a lot faster the problem is that the game crashes
because it becomes multithreaded. Command&Conquer (which crashes when you
move the mouse) felt a lot faster, further StarCraft is a lot faster too.
When the multithreading issue is over TA will most likely be playable on
your system.

> I fired up Total Annihilation just yesterday with Wine 0.9.2 and it
> was very slow.  TA uses 8bit color and I'm running in 24bit at
> 3200x1200 (2x 19" CRTs) on a Pentium II 450Mhz with a GeForceFX 5900XT
> -- a bit of an odd combination... I know.  If you'd like a speed
> comparison, perhaps with associated CPU usage I may be able to oblige.
> --tim

10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS/Monat