git patch to gmail draft script
truiken at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 11:21:54 CST 2005
I've hacked up a little script that takes your committed git changes
and puts a draft in your gmail draft folder for each committ that
contains a changelog and the attached diff. To use the script, make
sure you have python installed. You'll also need to change the
variables at the top of the script to match your specifics. The
script is pretty simple, so if you don't like the format of the email
it wouldn't be hard to change. The process goes like so:
1) make your committs, but when you're writing the changelog entry for
the committ, make sure to put all the changes you would have in the
Changelog section of the email ie for one of my recent patches, the
committ message was,
* Use DelNode itself for the directory recursion.
* Handle the dwFlags parameter.
* Factor out file creation and deletion.
* Add test cases for DelNode and make them pass.
you can use asterisks if you like or not, it won't affect the script.
3) the script calls git-format-patch for you and loops through all the committs
4) the script asks you for a subject (of the email) for each committ
5) if you don't want to send a patch to wine-patches, enter 'stop' as
the subject (minus the quotes)
6) the diffs will be in diff_dir and the drafts will be in your gmail
7) append anything you need to the email and press send
If you have any comments or suggestions, I'd like to hear them (I
think the script is rather ugly myself, but it gets the job done :))
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1366 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/attachments/20051205/e4d6e434/makedraft-0001.py
More information about the wine-devel