Missing WGL function declarations in wingdi.h

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Mon Dec 5 14:30:40 CST 2005

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 05:39:13AM +0000, Aric Cyr wrote:
> Well I am only working on removing glX calls from wined3d and replacing them
> with wgl calls so I'd rather not impact the GL code if possible.  At first I
> didn't quite understand your question, so let me see if I got this right.
> Currently wined3d directly links to libGL.so (via EXTRALIBS in the Makefile).
> So if I wanted to use opengl32.dll (for wgl), and I added it to IMPORTS it would
> override the libGL.so calls?

Well, this is the big question. I think we should ask Alexandre what happens
in the Wine build system if a symbol is exported both by a Win32 DLL (here
OpenGL32.DLL) and a Linux ELF DLL (here libGL.so) and a Wine DLL requires to
be linked to both.

In my opinion I would have both GLX and WGL code co-exist... I really fear
that to make some game happy in WGL, we would 'cheat' and report some stuff
which is not exactly aligned with what the GPU really supports. Which means
that WineD3D will not be able to trust what WGL reports as it may be tweaked.

Finally, if we get some 'GLX-only' extensions (maybe threading related - one
can always hope :-) ), how could one support that using WGL ? Add our own
fake extensions to WGL and 'thunk them' ?

          Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/