wglGetPixelFormatAttribivARB unexpected RenderType(100)

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Mon Dec 5 17:10:26 CST 2005

> BTW, do you know how to improve OpenGL performance in wine? I get
> about 10-30% drop in FPS compared to the Windows version (the card is
> overclocked about 10% both in CPU and memory frequencies in windows,
> so that might explains some of the performance drop). I set UseDGA to
> Y in "wine regedit" but that doesn't seem to help at all.
There are many factors
* Overclocking, as you  mentioned
* Speed of the 3D driver.
* Resource usage of background processen
* Overhead of Wine of course, but that should be minimal for OpenGL.
* and many more

The UseDGA has no influence on this, this affects only 2D acceleration of
DirectDraw games.