winecfg: add options to switch between "installed" directx versions

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Wed Dec 7 06:08:56 CST 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 12:38:46PM +0000, Christian Gmeiner wrote:

> I wanted to install "Need for Speed - Most wanted" under wine and the
> setup told me, that directx is not installed. So i think we need a way
> to set installed/used directx version in winecfg.  Do you think its
> worth to start developing a patch in this direction?

you should first found out (e.g. using WINEDEBUG=+reg) what the app
really wants. i had the case, that a game wanted a very current
directx-version and i just had to set a new number in wine.inf and
everything worked fine then. imho faking the most current version is the
best thing to do - i doubt that there are many apps out there that
really ask for a certain (lower) version number?

--
cu