how do I find where wine itself is segfaulting?

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Thu Dec 8 16:40:32 CST 2005

On December 8, 2005 09:15 am, Bill Medland wrote:

> > On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Keith Dunwoody wrote:
> > > I'm running into the same problem.  File on the resulting
> > > core tells me it was generated from wine-preloader.  I'm
> > > using wine 0.9.2 for Fedora Core 3 from winehq (the i686
> > > version I believe).  I'm running an x86_64, if that
> > > matters.
> >
> > You are not the first:
> >
> > http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2005-November/041
> >98 8.html
> >
> > http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2005/03/0636.html
> >
> > http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2005/05/0328.html
> >

> > Wine crashes the first time it enters/uses a entry/function
> > using the debug setup from ntdll/relay.c:RELAY_SetupDLL.
> > (Which happens to be a RtlInitUnicode in
> > kernel/module:GetModuleHandleW) .
>
> So is anyone actively looking into this?  I'll make a start
> until someone says that they are already doing it.
>
> > Peter
So it is looking to me as if it (and my original problem) is
something to do with the cpu or memory.  It used to work on my
Celeron with 512MB but it doesn't work on my brand new Dell
Optiplex GX280 with 1GB.  (I am currently working to remove any
other differences).

Does that make any sense to anyone?
--
Bill Medland