LoadImage (4bpp) / CopyImage() crashing

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Fri Dec 9 16:41:28 CST 2005

Cyril Margorin wrote:

> Could anyone tell me, why function CopyImage uses
> GetBitmapBits/SetBitmapBits, while MSDN marks these function as
> absolete?

No matter what MSDN says, Wine still has to provide implementations of
those functions, as programs still use them.  Since we *must* have
implementations of them, then there's no reason why we shouldn't use
those implementations in our code too.

Perhaps MSDN should say "we wrote new fancy versions of these functions
and we want everybody to use them".  Don't pay too much attention to it.

Mike