workspace switching and fullscreen apps

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Sun Dec 11 14:08:28 CST 2005

When I switch from a fullscreen app (WoW) to another workspace, the
screen is black for ~3 seconds, but switching back to the app happens
instantly, no black screen or other delays. This doesn't happen with
cedega and it didn't happen with wine from about a month ago.
I remember that when I switched from WoW to another workspace under
gnome (metacity windows manager) the window was minimized and maximized
about three or four times in a very short time (~1 second) and the
screen was flickering because of this. Seems like the game recieved too
many minimize/maximize messages, mor than it should have. Now I have e17
and maybe their window manager handles this differently.

Is there anything I could try to improve the behaviour? I've tried to
comment out the maximize/minimize code in the source, because WoW
doesn't really need to know, but that isn't the best solution.

thanks
tom