MB_USEGLYPHCHARS glyph table

Willie Sippel willie at zeitgeistmedia.net
Sun Dec 11 19:32:52 CST 2005

Am Montag, 12. Dezember 2005 02:16 schrieb Mike McCormack:
> Willie Sippel wrote:
> > I just tried to find out why Poser won't display any fonts (no luck,
> > BTW), when I noticed the obviously quite common "MB_USEGLYPHCHARS not
> > supported" fixme. I don't know if it's related to the missing fonts
> > thing, so I googled a little. In case someone wants to implement this
> > (the unicode stuff is _way_ over my head), I found this description and a
> > glyph table - there seems to be next to know useful info on
> > MB_USEGLYPHCHARS on MSDN, so maybe it helps:
> >
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/archive/2005/02/26/381020.aspx
>
> Maybe you could write a test case for it?  Seems like you'd just call
> WideCharToMultiByte on a WCHAR string like { 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 }, then
> check the output for the cases that MB_USEGLYPHCHARS is specified and
> isn't.  The output strings should be different.  Perhaps try it on a few
> different code pages?

I would, if I had the skills... :-/ Really, I only know PHP and a little C++/
Qt, that's about it. The only patch for Wine I've written so far added a few
additional PCI IDs for wined3d, and that was also the first time I ever
touched plain C. ;-)

My mail was more about the link to the glyph table, as it seems to be pretty
much undocumented, in case that's the reason it wasn't implemented.

> Mike

Ciao,
Willie
--