PATCH: handle redirect to https

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Mon Dec 12 01:58:37 CST 2005

Marcus Meissner wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Redirect from http to https currently segfaults our
>wininet implementation.
>
>Exposed by the Google Earth update check.
>
>Ciao, Marcus
>
>Changelog:
>	When redirecting, do not forget to reinit NETCON.

This shouldn't be necessary. The NETCONNECTION structure should have
been re-initialized to its post-NETCON_init state after calling
NETCON_close. There are two possible reasons I can think of that would
cause a crash. The first is the NETCONNECTION stuff not being
thread-safe. The second is possible ref-counting issues on the SSL
method object "meth". Can you show me the backtrace?

--
Rob Shearman