invalid window width/height

Cihan Altinay cihan at uq.edu.au
Mon Dec 12 07:38:36 CST 2005

Hi,

I tried to find some information on those messages like
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width 0x10042 -215

What does native do when called with negative widths/height?
I found it particularly interesting that Worms Armageddon creates
static windows where the x/y coordinates and the width/height
correlate like this:
x=225
y=39
w=-215
h=-29
(ie. the negative of w and h is always 10px less than the x/y coords)

Are these arbitrary values that should be ignored (do we need the err
message in that case)? I didn't find a test case for negative values...

Cheers,
Cihan