Create new mailing list wine-isv?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Dec 14 00:33:55 CST 2005

I used to hate the term ISV (Independent Software Vendor) since
it sounded so acronymy compared to 'developer', but it's
very commonly used in the industry to refer to outfits which
are trying to write and sell off-the-shelf software -- and
as monkey-boy said, Microsoft is where it is partly because
it worked hard to attract and support those guys.

So I've been thinking about how to attract more Windows ISVs
to test, support, and promote their apps on Linux with Wine.

Part of the problem is a lack of high-level documentation specifically
aimed at the
ISV.  Another is ISVs getting lost in the shuffle on wine-users
or wine-devel.

I've made a start at the documentation (http://kegel.com/wine/isv),
and hope to move that to winehq at some point.
Now I'd like to create a discussion forum for ISVs where
they will feel more comfortable; the level of discussion
would be halfway between that in wine-users and wine-devel,
but aimed more at Windows developers than people who are
familiar with Linux.
How about we create a new mailing list, wine-isv, aimed squarely
at ISVs and the Wine community members who want to
help them?

Thanks,
Dan