WLDAP32: link to the reentrant version of libldap

Robert Reif reif at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 14 18:52:51 CST 2005

Hans Leidekker wrote:

>On Wednesday 14 December 2005 01:56, Robert Reif wrote:
>

>>>Changelog
>>> Link to the reentrant version of libldap.
>>>

>>This patch breaks builds on RH9 and appears to be responsible for the
>>build breakage on http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/paulm/WRT/wrt.php
>>

>Can you send me the build errors and a relevant snippet from config.log,
>say 20 lines after 'checking for ldap_initialize in -lldap_r'?
>
> -Hans

My build error is the same as the link above.

Here is the log info:

configure:9617: checking for ldap_initialize in -lldap_r
configure:9647: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lldap_r -lpthread  >&5
configure:9653: $? = 0
configure:9656: test -z                          || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:9659: $? = 0
configure:9662: test -s conftest
configure:9665: $? = 0
configure:9678: result: yes
configure:9681: checking for ber_init in -llber

nm shows that the symbols are in libldap.so but not libldap_r.so.