Regression in Wine on FreeBSD (DVD Shrink)

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Thu Dec 15 08:46:52 CST 2005

Travis Poppe wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>Lately I've been trying to track down a problem that prevents DVD Shrink 3.2
>from starting on FreeBSD in any version of Wine built on/after 04-20-2005
>(including the recent beta releases). Any version built prior to this works
>fine.
>
>I've tracked the problem down to the changes made to x11drv/dib.c (and
>associated) on 04-20-2005. I'm not fluent in C; I merely found the problem
>through trial and error.
>
>I have already contacted the author of the changes (dib.c and associated) and
>he suggested I try this list. If anyone would like to glance at the
>differences between the two files I've mentioned above, I have posted a diff
>here:
>
>http://lickwid.net/~tlp/dib.c.diff

It's possible that on FreeBSD the signal -> exception translation code
doesn't mark whether it was a read or write fault. Other than that, the
code should behave the same as before.

BTW, you don't need to host the file on a server. People are more likely
to look at it if you attach it to your message.

--
Rob Shearman