[Wine] [Invalid ELF header] GSM audio codec in Ventrilo

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Thu Dec 15 11:12:27 CST 2005

Molle Bestefich wrote:

>Pictor wrote:
>

>>I'm trying to run Ventrilo (voice chat) on WINE.
>>I have the latest version of wine.
>>I installed correctly Ventrilo.
>>
>>Now I have to setup it to use the GSM 6.10 codec.
>>I read on-line that I only need to add "MSACM.msgsm610=msgsm32.acm" to
>>the system.ini file, and add the file in the /system directory.
>>
>>I did it, but when I choose the codec GSM  I get an error:
>>"Unable to find the specified codec"
>>
>>In the shell nothing appears with this error.
>>
>>So I tried to rename the msgsm32.acm file in msgsm32.acm.so
>>This time, when I select the GSM codec, it give the same error pop-up,
>>BUT in the shell I receive this error:
>>
>>"err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin
>>L"msgsm32.acm": /usr/lib/wine/msgsm32.acm.so: invalid ELF header"

For native ACM files, you may need to specify the full qualified path to
the ACM file. That is:

MSACM.msgsm610=msgsm32.acm

should be replaced by:

MSACM.msgsm610=C:\windows\system32\msgsm32.acm

Of course, you should replace C:\windows\system32 with whatever the
actual path is in your fake Windows directory structure.

Hope this helps.

Alex Villacís Lasso