[wined3d] Converting Wined3d to use WGL instead of GLX

James Liggett jrliggett at cox.net
Thu Dec 15 22:12:46 CST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 02:08 +0000, Aric Cyr wrote:
> Aric Cyr <Aric.Cyr <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > 
> > I debugged it more last night and I found the offending call.  If I comment 
> > out
> > just that one (probably unneeded from what I can tell) function everything 
> > works
> > great.
> Replying to myself again...
> Okay so I think this whole problem might turn out to be a compiler bug.  I
> reverted all changes to drawprim.c I made to track down this bug, then I tried a
> something different.  Since I was crashing in glDrawArrays() I was thinking that
> the vertex array or normal array was not properly set for some reason.  Out of
> the 4 demos I test with, one of them is unaffected by my bug, and running with
> WINEDEBUG=d3d_draw I can see that the glDrawArrays path is not taken.  So that
> narrowed the problem down to the glDrawArrays code path for me.  In checking the
> glVertexPointer function call I changed the VTRACE message from
>         /* Note dwType == float3 or float4 == 2 or 3 */
>         VTRACE(("glVertexPointer(%ld, GL_FLOAT, %ld, %p)\n",
>                 sd->u.s.position.dwStride,
>                 sd->u.s.position.dwType + 1,
>                 sd->u.s.position.lpData));
> to
>         /* Note dwType == float3 or float4 == 2 or 3 */
>         VTRACE(("glVertexPointer(%u, %u, %ld, %p)\n",
>                 WINED3D_ATR_SIZE(position),
> 		WINED3D_ATR_GLTYPE(position),
>                 sd->u.s.position.dwStride,
>                 sd->u.s.position.lpData));
> After making this change everything started working... this is silly though
> since VTRACE is just a macro around TRACE().  So either there is stack
> corruption somewhere or the compiler is wonky.  Since it is gcc-4.0.2 I'm
> guessing the compiler is buggy (Ubuntu breezy's standard gcc is 4.0.2 now). 
> I'll try recompiling with gcc-3.3 later and see if the original code is working.
> Still interested in any comments though :)

Hi Aric,
If you see stack corruption like this, you might want to try compiling
with optimization turned off. put the -O0 (a capital letter O followed
by a zero) flag in your CFLAGS when you run configure. I had a similar
situation where gcc was using fuzzy math when working with structures,
and turning off optimization helped.


More information about the wine-devel mailing list