Create new mailing list wine-isv?

Jeremy White jwhite at winehq.org
Fri Dec 16 00:02:58 CST 2005

> Not that I mean to sound like a pessimist, but I'm really just calling
> it as I see it. No offense to anyone intended. :)

This, in a nutshell, is Wine's greatest challenge
(stepping even outside ISV boundaries for a minute).

I believe, either because I'm insane (the likely
explanation), or because it's true, that Wine has
progressed remarkably in the past 5 years, and can
no longer be correctly dismissed as unstable or unusable.

I think the shift from Alpha to Beta status was a
more dramatic signal that anyone really realizes;
I think it marks the point where Wine can reliably
be used for a broad range of purposes.

But, bluntly, we have to prove it.  We have to start
by continuing the drive to a solid 1.0; we have to
continue helping a small number of ISVs really succeed.

And then of course comes the fun part; we have to hold
that line and not let any regressions in :-/.

But I think we can do it; it's why I'm still here.

Someday I hope to stop apologizing for Wine
(and for Linux for that matter) and start bragging;
and I don't think that day is too far ahead
(it better not be, my wife is really getting mad
at me :-/).

Sorry, I'd type more, but these friendly men tell
me they have a nice white jacket they want me
to try on...

Cheers,

Jeremy