msi failure

Bill Medland billmedland at
Fri Dec 16 14:05:22 CST 2005

Seeing as how I know nothing much about msi I thought I'd just
point out the error and ask someone more knowledgeable to do
something about it.

Basically on msiexec a VBA6.msi:

dialog.c - msi_dialog_oncreate includes
dialog->default_font = msi_dup_property (.., "DefaultUIFont");

Later on that default font can be referenced without testing if
it is non-null

In my particular case it is null (because the property is not

Presumably if msi_dup_property returns null then some other
default should be used, e.g. MS Shell Dlg.

Any comments?  Anyone volunteering to fix it?
Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at