Create new mailing list wine-isv?

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Sat Dec 17 00:26:28 CST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 19:48 +0100, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> The goal is not to prevent regressions between every minor point
> release, it's to make releases frequently enough that regressions can
> be found and fixed quickly, so that they don't creep into the next
> major release. Now, if you think that doesn't work I'm certainly open
> to doing things differently. What do you suggest?

If I may make a humble suggestion, it would be to time another stable
(or semi-stable), regression-proofed release to roughly coincide with
the various distributions freezing schedules.  Ubuntu, for instance has
an upstream version freeze on Jan 19th and a Feature Freeze on Feb 2nd.
In my ideal world, we would have a Wine release just before that Jan
19th deadline, go into regression-fix and bughunt mode, and then have a
release come out around Feb 2nd that had no regressions relative to 0.9
and the Jan 19th release.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie