[wined3d] Converting Wined3d to use WGL instead of GLX

Aric Cyr aric.cyr at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 01:29:05 CST 2005

On 12/17/05, Segin <segin2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Aric Cyr wrote:
>  James Liggett <jrliggett <at> cox.net> writes:
>  Hi Aric,
> If you see stack corruption like this, you might want to try compiling
> with optimization turned off. put the -O0 (a capital letter O followed
> by a zero) flag in your CFLAGS when you run configure. I had a similar
> situation where gcc was using fuzzy math when working with structures,
> and turning off optimization helped.
>  Thanks for the suggestion, but I already have wine compiled with only "-g".
> Last time I checked gcc doesn't enable optimizations unless a -O option is
> specified explicitly (don't know if this has changed though).
>  Wine uses -O2 by default even if you don't tell it to optimize. -Os will
> product buggy code, and -mfpmath=sse,387 (yes only when you ask for BOTH sse
> and 387) will problems occur (big one at that)

If you run configure with no other options "-g -O2" is default,
however I run it as "CFLAGS=-g CXXFLAGS=-g ./configure"... so I'm
positive (verified by make output) that there is no -O2 or any other
options besides -g anywhere.  Anyways it turned out not to be a
compiler bug, so this is not too important now, but thanks for the

- Aric

Aric Cyr <Aric.Cyr at gmail dot com>    (http://acyr.net)