Wine IE6 and JVM

Adrian Munteanu adrian.munteanu at oracle.com
Fri Dec 16 03:10:45 CST 2005

Hi

Thank you both for your reply.
However the answer for both questions would be yes.
I have installed J2SEE 5 from Sun for both, Windows and Linux. As far as
I know both of them have JVM integrated.
I've tried to install  msjavx86.exe but keep telling that needs a
previous version to be upgraded.
My problem is that after successfully installing above mentioned the
software is not integrated with IE.
The problem seems to be registry related.
I've checked on windows and the registry for IE seems to contain
informations about JVM.
However the registry used by Wine are not updated with these
information, therefore the internet explorer doesn't have a checkbox for
the JVM to be used.

Am I on the wrong path here?

Thanks and best regards
Adrian