crashing tests in d3d9

Aric Cyr Aric.Cyr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 20:50:36 CST 2005

Louis. Lenders <xerox_xerox2000 <at> yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Backtrace:
> =>1 0xb7eb77a0 (0xb7eb77a0)
>   2 0x7edc3794 IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps+0x68
> [/LFS/winecvs/wine/dlls/wined3d/directx.c:234] in
> wined3d (0x7edc3794)
>
> Anone an idea why they crash?

What does the file /LFS/winecvs/wine/dlls/wined3d/directx.c at line 234 say?  Is
it the strcpy()?  If so, then that means that glGetString() returned NULL, which
means that there was no valid OpenGL context created.  There should be a null
check for that strcpy and an error message and bad return from that function if
it fails.  If we don't have a GLX context at that point something very bad is
going on.

Regards,
  Aric