[wined3d] Code questions

Aric Cyr Aric.Cyr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 22:12:53 CST 2005

Oliver Stieber <oliver_stieber <at> yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Your right the mipmap level should only ever need to be set once, just after
> the texture is
> created. The problem is that this doesn't seem to work, at least with ATIs
> drivers this demo
> (http://www.codesampler.com/dx9src/dx9src_3.htm#dx9_texture_filtering) fails,
> along with many
> games and demos without some weird code. This is one of the two regression
> problems that are
> preventing d3d8-wined3d wrapper and evict managed resources from being checked
> in.

I'd say check it in anyways... if you are worried about breakage on ATI
machines, you could always check the gl_vendor and skip the code that causes
problems on ATI machines.

> Again, I'm fairly sure that there are some things that don't work without
> reapplying the states
> all the time. The last time I looked at this was just after the last big patch
> I put out so I
> can't quite remember which demos/games didn't work.

I'll test these on my ATI machines and check to see if these work-arounds are
still valid/needed.  If there are any bugs or issues with ATI's driver, please
let me know the details and I'll communicate them to ATI.

> I'm just about to start tidying up directx.c, or at least the supported
> formats bit of directx.c
> and then I was going to tidyup drawprim a bit.  What is the expected coding
> style, I just coppied
> that one that was being used.

That would be great.  If there is anything you'd like to delegate to me just let
me know... maybe I'll start with a clean up of device.c.  The only thing that
really bothers me, style-wise, is the line length of some of the code.  But wine
doesn't seem to really have any style guidelines so I guess I'll have to live
with this for now.

Regards,
  Aric