[lostwages] Remove winetools from download page

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 19:21:49 CST 2005

On 12/21/05, Sven Paschukat <Sven.Paschukat at t-online.de> wrote:
> James, please don't see the value of winetools only from a developers
> view. Normal linux users don't want to test builtin dlls, they just want
> to get their windows apps working on linux. IMHO it's better for Wine if
> the users become an easy feeling of success instead of letting them fall
> from one pitball into another.

I agree that Winetools has an intended audience and I think there's a
place for an app like that.  Heck, look at CodeWeavers and their
cxsetup program.

Having said that, are there things that Winetools does that need to be
moved into Wine?  I'm not sure anyone has ever looked at that.  Are
there registry settings that belong in wine.inf?  Any time a .EXE
can't be run out of the box you have to question what Wine is doing
wrong to prevent that.

-Brian