[lostwages] Remove winetools from download page

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Thu Dec 22 13:04:52 CST 2005

Vitaliy Margolen wrote:

>5. It adds some extra needless overrides to the registry, like
>   DLLOVERRIDES="*=native, builtin". Is there a reason for this? That
>   _is exactly_ what we, developers, trying to avoid.

Actually, this makes sense for apps that install executables that are
coincidently named like programs that Wine has, e.g. calc.exe or user.exe.

On a slightly related note, in CrossOver we force a whole bunch of DLLs
to be builtin, like ole32, oleaut32, rpcrt4 and msi. Maybe we should do
the same for Wine?

--
Rob Shearman