continuosly calling the function from winelib failing - stack overflow

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Fri Dec 23 11:28:04 CST 2005

Ananth M wrote:

>Hi
>     I am able to successfully convert the windows dll into .so file and I
>am able to call the functions exported by dll from the winelib application.
>     But if I call those functions from winelib application continuously for
>1000 times , in a loop, then  wine is crashing with the following error
>
>err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 28 bytes in thread 0025
>
>     Then I tried calling the stub function itself in the loop (commented
>the code in stub function such that , it wont call the dll function )
>
>      Still I am getting the same error.
>
>     Can any one faced this problem ?
>
>Can any one help on the same

It seems that there is a mismatch between the stub's and the caller's
idea of the stack usage. This mismatch accumulates over the loop until
the stack overflows (or underflows). From your symptoms, the prime
suspect would be a stdcall/cdecl mismatch, but more information is
needed. Could you please post the declaration and the definition of your
stub, and an example of how the caller is calling such function?

Alex Villacís Lasso