debugging help

James Liggett jrliggett at
Sat Dec 24 13:56:55 CST 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-24 at 10:04 -0500, Robert Reif wrote:
> I'm trying to help someone on wine-bugs
> ( with a crash in a game.
> The problem is that the game is catching and displaying the exception.
> It also appears that the game won't run in winedbg.
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed from here.
This is just an off guess, but maybe you could try using a win32
debugger under wine (something like IDA Pro might work here; you can
find a demo version that will probably do what you need here: You might get more stuff on
the crash if you do that. I don't have this game, so I haven't tested it
myself. Hope this helps.