[bug 4004] MenuItemInfo vs GetMenuString - Try 2

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Mon Dec 26 03:44:43 CST 2005

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 16:13:10 +0800, you wrote:

>The fact that you need to intorduce the txtWasAllocated flag suggests that
>something is wrong. Also MF_OWNERDRAW certainly does not qualify as a MF_STRING
>alias. I'll try to play with your test case and see if I can find a better fix.

You are correct. The real problem is that the text field should not be
used anymore for bitmaps handles after the hbmpItem field was added just
for that. This is proven by the fact that strings cannot only be
combined with owner draw menu, but also with bitmaps and even
separators.

I am too busy celebrating vacation atm, but I hope to send in a patch
with extensive tests somewhere tomorrow or so.

Rein.