MSI: Change some FIXME messages to comments.

Mike McCormack mike at
Fri Dec 30 20:09:02 CST 2005

Robert Shearman wrote:

> How hard would it be to do the work to really fix these FIXMEs? By
> changing these to comments I think they are going to be forgotten.

One problem is they are creating FUD for MSI.   When people install a
package, they see a stream of FIXME messages, and most of them are not
relevant for the package they're installing, then they assume something
didn't work, or MSI failed in some way, even if the problem was not the
fault of the MSI code.

The other problem is that some messages don't really say specifically
what needs to be fixed, and are more just reminders that something is
not quite complete.