ole db conformance tests

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Dec 31 18:01:50 CST 2005

About three years ago, I wrote in
http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2003/01/0208.html :

> Say, how close are these kinds of things to being able to run under wine?
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/oledb/htm/testtoolsov.asp

The MDAC SDK, downloadable from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/mdac/downloads/ ,
contains conformance tests for ole db data sources.
Seems like we ought to try running them.
I just verified that LTM, the test runner app, from MDAC 2.6 SDK,
runs under Wine.  I haven't tried running any tests, as
it looks a bit involved (you have to have visual C++ installed,
and you have to build the tests, it seems).

Anyway, it seems like MDAC is something we really want
to start supporting better, so maybe it's time to start looking
into those conformance tests.  Even if they only test data
sources, heck, that's pretty good right there.
- Dan