MSI: partially implement of AppSearch action

Juan Lang juan_lang at
Tue Feb 1 21:00:19 CST 2005

Hey Aric!

--- Aric Stewart <aric at> wrote:
> a) if the action returns anything other than ERROR_SUCCESS the install
> will halt at that action returning that error. So you need to make sure
> that you only return errors that should fully halt the install.

Ah, okay, you're right, most of these shouldn't halt the install.  I'll
take a closer look and fix these.

> b) Watch out for null fields. load_dynamic_stringW will return a NULL
> pointer for those but MSI_RecordGetInteger returns a special value.

I missed that one, thanks for catching it.

> oh and i fixed that looks like a copy and paste error.

Thanks for reviewing.  Go ahead and submit to wine-patches, I think your
changes look good.  I'll take a closer look at the return codes and make
sure they're used appropriately.

Do You Yahoo!?