[d3d9/device.c] IDirect3DDevice9Impl_GetDepthStencilSurface problem

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 21:57:13 CST 2005

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 07:05:12 +0000 (GMT), Oliver Stieber
<oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> In wined3d_private.h search for anything that
> allocates  and array HIGHEST_RENDER_STATE in size and
> change it to HIGHEST_RENDER_STATE + 1 since were
> addressing 1 based not 0 based.
>
> Do the same with HIGHEST_TRANSFORMSTATE,
> HIGHEST_TEXTURE_STATE and HIGHEST_SAMPLER_STATE.

Yes, that does make a difference.  If I do that, the crashes go away.
However I cannot get to the point of controlling the ship.  Can't find
HIGHEST_SAMPLER_STATE either.

When I did a "> 0x1" instead of "!= NULL" at the check before it
crashed, I bypassed the crash.  It ended crashing at a similar point
and I did it again.  Then I was able to actually run the game to the
point of controlling the ship, as long as it didn't crash first.  I
did like getting that far, but it was horribly unstable.  I spent a
while trying to trace a source of the 1 but found nothing.

Thanks,
Jesse