[d3d9/device.c] IDirect3DDevice9Impl_GetDepthStencilSurface problem

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Thu Feb 3 15:36:48 CST 2005

Oliver Stieber wrote:
>  --- Jesse Allen <the3dfxdude at gmail.com> wrote:
>>Now here's a bit of news:  Star Wars: Battlefront
>>works now!  Well it
>>loads to the menu and a thead crashes (ie music is
>>still playing, but
>>the menu is stuck).  I'll investigate later.  I
>>think you fixed it
>>with your volume fixes.
>>
> binkw32.dll (bink video) is crash happy, that's used
> for the intro and cutscenes. It may be possibly to
> make a simple linux version because you can get bink
> for linux. (or a version that displays the text 'thank
> you for disabling bink'.

Just FYI, in case it's helpful, there is a native application that
allows bink video to be played within a native game--

nwmovies lets you use the BinkPlayer for Linux to play the unconverted
Neverwinter Nights movies in-game (it also allows you to play them via
mplayer and possibly plaympeg, after conversion).

According to the readme:

What little bit of this that is copyrightable is copywritten by David
Holland zzqzzq_zzq at hotmail.com. You may do what you wish with this code
so long as some credit is given to me, and the copyright is maintained.

So you might want to drop by the website at
http://home.woh.rr.com/nwmovies/nwmovies/ or contact the author to see
if there's anything you can use, as it does work.

HTH,
Holly