Tests for bug 2686

Ann and Jason Edmeades us at the-edmeades.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 11:29:14 CST 2005

>> Here's some tests which show the problem reported as bug 2686. I tried to
>> find a way to fix it but its not simple. (Note I can only confirm that XP
>> behaves as described).

>On XP yes, but it will fail on Win9x, the API doesn't guarantee that
>the returned size will be identical to the allocated size. Unless you
>have a real app that depends on that I don't think there's much point
>in doing that test.

Didn't the bug report a real world app requiring that behaviour? I think the
reactos regedit was working on windows but failing under wine due to this
exact problem, if I recall correctly.

FWIW I don't really care, I was just looking through the bugs for
reproducible ones I could have a stab at :-)

Anyone from reactos comment on this?

Jason