Rearrange WINPROC_CallWndProc to give clearer tracing

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Wed Feb 9 15:44:56 CST 2005

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 22:24:39 +0100, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> I don't think you want that either, it won't really make things less
> confusing if you are adding extra heap calls. You may want to look
> into using RelayFromExclude instead.

Well, the key thing is that they occur before the trace. I don't really
mind what happens before the "Call window proc" line, it's when
there are calls that look like they are coming from the app actually
aren't.

RelayFromExclude works but needs fiddling and more to the point, you have
to know to do it for this particular case. I'd like to make the traces
less confusing by default as part of chipping away at the learning
curve.

Also a heap allocation is just an RtlAllocateHeap, I looked at the
trace with the new patch and it is still less confusing IMHO.

thanks -mike