A call to fix the BeginPaint issue

Nick Hornback vidar268 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 11:46:19 CST 2005

Alright, this is probably the last time I will bring
it up before I realize that there is essentially no
interest in fixing this, but this has been bothering
me for quite some time now. A few others have brought
it up over the past couple months as well.

http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-cvs/2004/10/0395.html

As discussed (but nothing really done about it), this
patch is directly known to break painting in at least
the following applcations:
DeusEx
Trickstyle
Foobar2000
Zoo Tycoon 1 demo

This is because, as far as I'm aware, these
applications don't send BeginPaint/EndPaint as they
technically should, but they all work fine on native
Windows. Now, before, it has simply been a matter of
reversing the patch, no big deal. However, since the
region handling has been moved to the server, that is
not possible without a lot of tinkering, something
that I just don't have the mad skillz to do.

--Nick