A call to fix the BeginPaint issue

Nick Hornback vidar268 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 11:46:19 CST 2005

Alright, this is probably the last time I will bring
it up before I realize that there is essentially no
interest in fixing this, but this has been bothering
me for quite some time now. A few others have brought
it up over the past couple months as well.

As discussed (but nothing really done about it), this
patch is directly known to break painting in at least
the following applcations:
Zoo Tycoon 1 demo

This is because, as far as I'm aware, these
applications don't send BeginPaint/EndPaint as they
technically should, but they all work fine on native
Windows. Now, before, it has simply been a matter of
reversing the patch, no big deal. However, since the
region handling has been moved to the server, that is
not possible without a lot of tinkering, something
that I just don't have the mad skillz to do.

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!