more mmtimer questions

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 13 17:31:12 CST 2005

Ok, it looks like dsound is causing problems, or at
the very least least alsa.

I've put the time.c stuff into it's own critical
section, to no effect.

I've also been getting a 'dead lock' with the critical
section pdbi->mmap_crst, but it's not really a dead
lock because the holding thread is zero

a bit of watching showed that crit->OwningThread was
zero but crit->LockCount was 1, I've set watchpoints
on crit->OwningThread and couldn't find any problems
so I can only assume that  crit->LockCount is being
set somewhere.. probably the same place as the MMTimer
stuff is getting clobbered.

Unfortunately winedbg's expressions aren't up to the
job of trapping OwningThread ==0 and LockCount != -1.

I've hacked out some basic internal  type and pointer
support for expressions in winedbg, but I promised
Jason I'd start sending in DirectX 9 so it'll have to
wait.

disp *((int *)0xaddress)) .. now works ok
and so does  x *(0xaddress)
so in theory
cond 1 (*((int *)0xaddress)) != 0) should work too?