[shell32tests/shelllink.c] Use aliases for ordinals

Paul Millar paulm at astro.gla.ac.uk
Wed Feb 16 10:21:34 CST 2005

On Wednesday 16 February 2005 12:11, Francois Gouget wrote:
> Switching to ordinals only to switch back to importing by name once
> MinGW is fixed is madness.

No, *implementing* the tests using ordinals, then switching to named
is damage limitation in an imperfect world.  It separates our buggy
MinGW implementation from the work of winetest.exe, resulting in
improved testing throughput.

We're not trying to fix MinGW, just test Windows.

> MinGW is an open-source project, we have already forked it, so
> there's no reason not to fix it.

Indeed, but the issue is that what we have is a compilation *service*
that uses an incomplete MinGW.  An architecture where a service
breaks at "random" times in the future is bad/broken: the methodology
is wrong and needs fixing.

Still, if people don't mind the tests going AWOL for ~60% of the time,
that's fine.

I guess people don't, so that's OK
(speak now or forever hold thy peace)

Cheers,