World Of Warcraft /IDirect3DDevice9Impl_SetVertexShader

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 15:26:58 CST 2005

> I highly recommend that you try Oliver Stieber's
> patch.  Even if
> buggy, I think you'll find WoW works very well.
> I've recently found
> that Star Wars:  Battlefront works with it.  The
> problem with
> Battlefront is it experiences heap corruption at the
> menu screen.
I've just put together a new patch against head.
http://www.oliverthered.f2s.com/projects/wine/

This versions a had a lot of code separation work
done, rendertargets are more or less fixed and texture
addressing should be working properly now.

I've also gone through and put in NULL checks where
they seemed to be missing, including
IDirect3DDevice9Impl_SetVertexShader

Let me know if you get any obvious problems like
applications bailing out because of missing NULL
checks and I'll put them in the patches I send to wine
patches. (or note the problems in the code if there
non-trivial)

> think it's related to some stencil operation.
> Oliver, if you read
> this, I have a 10 MB +heap,+d3d,+d3d_surface log,
> compressed bz2 no
> less, that may help solve this problem.  Though I
> may wait till your
> next patch and then get back to you.  :)

Can you mail it to me and I'll have a look.

WINEDEBUG=trace+d3d9 would also be very usefull as it
logs all the relay calls between wined3d and d3d9.

> Again, you should see Oliver's patch and see if it
> has bugs with the
> minimap.  I think it might cause opengl doesn't
> quite work there
> either and the d3d stuff is just an opengl wrapper.
> But at least we
> will know.  I guess this is a fixable problem?

Rendertargets are working in DirectX9, and I've got a
better version in the pipeline that should be useable
for wgl.