Microsoft genuine downloads looking for wine

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Thu Feb 17 00:37:26 CST 2005

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

> I expect that the check program will be reverse engineered and cracked
> to return "genuine" even for pirate copies in fairly short order.

Doesn't relate to us in any way. We are not pirates.

> Either that or the pirates will just grab the patches and circulate
> them on the pirate sites anyway.

That one, unfortunately, I doubt. The patches are the least interesting
thing for pirates. If pirates cared about keeping their machines secure,
we would have all been at a much better position today.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.