Microsoft genuine downloads looking for wine

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Thu Feb 17 04:35:02 CST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:45:11 +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> In any case, at least from a technical point of view, going around such
> test ought to be fairly simple

I don't think we want to go there. I demonstrated a way of checking for
Wine to Rob last night that we really cannot fix or workaround, and if I
can think of it they certainly can too.

Basically if we start integrating workarounds into Wine, it'll lead to an
arms race we cannot possibly win. Better to ensure our users don't need
anything from that website.

thanks -mike