"bachelor project" with wine ?

Joris Huizer jorishuizer at planet.nl
Mon Feb 21 09:11:31 CST 2005

Hello,

I'm supposed to choose a topic - and work it out - for a "bachelor
project";
Now, at the moment I have no clue, and teachers are discussing what
topics to hand; in the mean time, I think maybe it might be interesting
to do some wine work in such a form that it's ok for this "bachelor
project" :)

This project is supposed to be something like 308 hours; and of course,
it should be possible to show something interesting at the end of that.
About my background, I have a few years of (simple) programming
experience (in C and C++, mostly) and most of that was done under linux
-- just school programs most of the time; I don't have much experience
with X programming and *none at all* with winapi;
Is there a "project"/are there "projects" in wine, suitable for this?
It's ok if I have to do api learning but ofcourse that'd take a part of
those hours; As you can see, it should be some clearly showable (either
visible or something in behavior) progress in running windows
executables under wine;

I hope you can give me a hand finding an interesting topic (and I guess
I'll be asking a lot of questions here in the coming weeks if you hand
me something I want to work on ;) )

thanks in advance for any ideas

regards

Joris