Checking Wine's spec files

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Feb 21 11:59:41 CST 2005

Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>
> > Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:
> >
> >> -noname vs. ordinal internal consistency
> >>
> >> This check verifies that all APIs which have the '-noname' property,
> >> also have an explicit ordinal. This is the only check which does not
> >> depend on dumps of the Windows dlls.
> >
> > Actually this is enforced by winebuild, so you will never find a
> > problem here.
>
> Ok. I've removed it. Do the other checks make sense to you? Are they
> useful? Any other useful tests to perform?

Yes I think they are very useful, though I wouldn't suggest blindly
fixing things based on the reports since I suspect that at least in
some cases we have wrong ordinals and this will cause complaints about
the wrong functions. We should definitely strive to make the checks
pass as much as possible, but doing that will require a careful
analysis of each case.

Another very useful test would be the ability that you mentioned to
correlate with the MS import libs too, but that's not trivial to do.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org