Pretty Good Solitaire shootout: Wine vs. Crossover

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Mon Feb 21 01:55:03 CST 2005

>> fixme:ole:SPCF_CreateInstance
>> (0x40a50d00,(nil),{7bf80980-bf32-101a-8bbb-00aa00300cab},0x403f1ec0),
>> creating stdpic with PICTYPE_NONE.
>> fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_Load Could only read 67468 of 138330 bytes in
>> no-header case?
>> fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_Load Unknown magic 746c, 67468 read bytes: 6c
>
>Basically what is happening here is that the format VB (sometimes) stores
>images in hasn't been fully reverse engineered. There are a few gaps in
>our knowledge.
>
>IIRC (I looked at this last summer) 0x746c means "Visual Basic resource"
>and is a trivial wrapper, the reason the code pukes out is that it seems
>to be wrapped twice or something. But I'm not sure why or what this means.

This looks like the error I already tried to fix last year (without knowing what
I did :)

http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/01/0911.html
http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/01/0968.html
http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/02/0036.html
http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/02/0053.html

Maybe that's worth trying again in your case.

bye  Fabi