unixfs.dll: shell namespace extension for the unix filesystem

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Wed Feb 23 05:38:31 CST 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 23:14:44 +0100, Michael Jung wrote:
> this is a first rough cut version of a shell namespace extension to access the
> unix filesystem from wine. It's primary use-case is for winecfg's
> drive-mapping propery sheet. It already works for this purpose.

Cool!

Here are some comments:

- I do not understand why a UnixFSPIDLToPath function is needed, doesn't
  Win32 already provide a generic form of this function? If we are going
  to introduce new APIs then the whole excercise becomes meaningless as we
  may as well just have a wine_browse_for_unix_path() function and skip
  the whole COM/shell extension business.

- You don't need to check This, if it's NULL the code should crash not
  fail with an error code.

- Normally we'd use S_OK instead of NOERROR as an HRESULT return

Other than those minor nitpicks it all looks A-OK to me. Please do go
ahead and submit it!

thanks -mike