Wrong keycodes ?

George Ginden ginden at email.com
Wed Feb 23 05:34:33 CST 2005

Dmitry Timoshkov ha scritto:

>What exactly does look wrong for you? It all works as expected
>here. Add +key,+event in addition to +keyboard and post the results
>with explanations what really goes wrong.

Well I may be wrong but :

VK_LEFT is #defined  as 0x25

Now If I press the left arrow key, wine produces the following trace

trace:keyboard:X11DRV_ToUnicodeEx NumLockMask = 0010
trace:keyboard:X11DRV_ToUnicodeEx AltGrMask = 0010
trace:keyboard:X11DRV_ToUnicodeEx Found keycode 100 (0x64)

Shouldn't it be 0x25 ??
This is the same for the other arrow keys, the code defined
is not the same as the code produced by the trace.

Also while coding in dlls/user/edit.c, the following 'if' just fails for the arrow keys:
eg:
if (key == VK_LEFT)
    printf ("left pressed\n");

Am I missing something ?